Sunday, June 26, 2016

My tryst with snowfall

Being from the tropical country, I never have had the experience of seeing snowfall, Though, in places like Srinagar, Gulmarg, Shimla etc., in India one can witness snowfall in the winter, I could not go there to see that.

However, in one of the trips to USA to visit my children, I happened to stay there through the winter. And what an experience that was, exhilarating to see the snow-clad buildings, streets, trees.

Snow is precipitation in the form of flakes of crystalline water ice that falls from clouds. Since snow is composed of small ice particles, it is a granular material. It has an open and therefore soft, white, and fluffy structure, unless subjected to external pressureSnowflakes come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Types that fall in the form of a ball due to melting and refreezing, rather than a flake, are hailice pellets or snow grains.

I shot extensively to capture the beautiful visuals, in my first experience with snowfall.

Here are some pictures shot in Pennington, New Jersey where my son lives in his own home.

Click on the pictures to get bigger version for better appreciation.
















No comments:

Post a Comment